Feelunique targets further Asia expansion as it partners with SEKO Logistics for cross-border growth into China
Feelunique, Europe’s leading online beauty retailer, is set to open a distribution hub in Hong Kong this month in partnership with SEKO Logistics to serve its rapidly growing customer base in mainland China.
In only three years since the launch of Feelunique’s dedicated Chinese website, sales to the region have grown exponentially. China already accounts for 20% of Feelunique’s annual sales, with orders being shipped from the UK. The opening of a distribution hub in Hong Kong will deliver enhanced customer convenience, access to a wider choice of products from coveted brands, and lower shipping thresholds that will open Feelunique up to a much wider consumer population in China. The location of the distribution hub in Hong Kong allows Feelunique to get closer to one of the world’s fastest growing beauty markets while also retaining the benefits of cross-border retailing into China.
The new Hong Kong distribution hub will be overseen by Marc Ardisson, Feelunique’s Managing Director, Asia.
Joel Palix, CEO of Feelunique, said: “The rise of China’s middle class and its appetite for luxury and niche beauty brands is setting China on a course to become the biggest beauty market in the world. Feelunique is already enjoying rapid growth in this market by fulfilling orders from the UK. With a distribution hub in Hong Kong we will be able to dramatically enhance our offering in terms of choice, brands and customer experience. By localising distribution, we will be able to lower shipping costs and compete on a different scale in this market by making Feelunique accessible to a much larger potential customer base in China.”
Tony Barnes, COO Asia of SEKO Logistics, added: “We are excited to be working with Feelunique, providing logistics for their distribution hub in Hong Kong. Feelunique is a forward-thinking retailer that has already begun to establish itself with Chinese consumers. We look forward to working with them to take this to the next level and grow our businesses together in the region.”
- Founded in 2005, Feelunique has grown to become Europe’s largest online beauty retailer with a choice of more than 32,000 products and 500 brands across makeup, skincare, haircare, fragrance and electricals
- Feelunique is a cross-border online retailer, shipping to over 120 countries and with dedicated websites in the UK, France, the EU, Germany, Norway, China and the US
- Feelunique has over 130,000 site visits and sells more than 15,000 products every day, with 65% of sales coming from customers under the age of 35
- Feelunique has a rapidly growing international beauty community of more than 1.3 million people across our social media platforms
- Feelunique carries major brands including Chanel, Dior, Tom Ford and Nars as well as major indie brands such as Charlotte Tilbury, Anastasia, Caudalie and Moroccanoil. We are the only online beauty “pure player” to have built up such an extensive portfolio of premium brands across all beauty categories
- Feelunique’s innovative use of technology is changing the way consumers experience buying beauty products online
- Feelunique is at the forefront of the digital beauty revolution and is a socially connected retailer – we believe content is key to succeeding in e-commerce and our dedicated editorial platform offers our customers inside knowledge on beauty including industry interviews, video tutorials and recommended products
INSIGHT DELIVERED DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX
These case studies help to demonstrate how we can add value for our client's businesses worldwide.
From retail to lifestyle and from high tech to MedTec - here are just a few of the many stories that will help you to see what a difference partnering with SEKO can make.
Global implementation expertise across all industry sectors, coupled with local in-country knowledge and service.
SEKO provides complete Supply Chain Solutions, specializing in transportation, logistics, forwarding and warehousing. We also lead the industry with innovative and configurable IT solutions, which provide our clients with true supply chain visibility.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Everything we do is designed to make our clients' lives easier - helping them to develop and maintain excellent relationships with their own customers. Let us know what business challenges you are facing, and we'll see what we can do to help.