TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOURSELF...
My name is Gavin Pereira – but you can call me Captain Corona!
As Customs Manager for Brokerage (Customs) and Warehouse at SEKO South Africa, I am responsible for:
- Leading the Brokerage department who scrutinizes import/export documentation and then process the customs declarations
- Managing the stock in bond store and arrange release from store when required through customs
- Liaising directly with customers on complex issues
- Ensuring my team are motivated
What is a typical day in the life?
EVERY DAY STARTS WITH...
A strong coffee! I’m the first person to arrive in the morning so I am in charge of opening the offices. Once my laptop is up and running, I then start checking on outstanding customs clearances and queries from the day before while enjoying the morning sunshine in my office with my cup of coffee.
PHEW, TIME FOR A BREAK...
On the menu today is Pizza! – Followed by an afternoon snack of Biltong or Dry Wors.
No day is complete without…
- Checking that my staff are in control of the workflow on our dashboard the controllers from other departments are pushing
- Ensuring any urgent matters in the day were addressed