TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOURSELF...
My name is Derashnee Govindasamy – but you can call me The Night Owl!
As Airfreight Supervisor for Operations at SEKO South Africa, I am responsible for:
- Developing, encouraging, and motivating others
- Planning and managing airfreight orders from beginning to end
- Negotiating rates to obtain the best possible solution for our clients
- Arranging quotes
- Training and developing new staff members
- Resolving queries internally and client queries
- Managing and being there for my team whenever they need me
What is a typical day in the life?
EVERY DAY STARTS WITH...
Tea with a dash of honey! I switch on my laptop, sanitize my desk, start up my outlook, download my emails, and then I start checking all urgent e-mails and respond to them effectively and timelessly. I then ensure that all my clients are updated with detailed information on their shipments.
PHEW, TIME FOR A BREAK...
On the menu today is Bunny Chow! Bunny Chow is a South African fast-food dish consisting of a hollowed-out load of white bread filled with curry. Absolutely delicious! – Followed by an afternoon snack of fruit salad with yogurt.
No day is complete without…
- Ensuring that all quote requests have been actioned and sent to the clients
- Reviewing all completed tasks to ensure we as a team have not missed anything
- Checking in with myself and my team to prioritize on planning what needs to be accomplished the next day
- Finally, we as a team work together in cleaning and tidying up our workstation so that it’s ready for the next day