SEKO Profiled as a Top Supply Chain and Logistics Provider in Transport Intelligence Report
For the past three years, Transport Intelligence has compiled an ecommerce logistics report, detailing the key developments in the industry and its predictions for the upcoming year.
This includes profiles of the top supply chain and logistics providers, which we’re proud to say that we’ve been featured on for the third year running.
Key themes from the report included:
- Amazon will continue to dominate the e-commerce market because customers choose its cheap and convenient delivery over other retailers’ offerings
- Online marketplaces and the adoption of omni channel strategies mean the distinction between B2C and B2B markets has become blurred
- The replication of B2B by B2C could guarantee higher levels of delivery success, but this is only part of the solution
- Changes in consumer demand have prompted retailers to invest in IT and fulfilment centre networks to link bricks & mortar to online, mobile and social media offerings, as well as embracing showrooming and concept stores
- Traditional seasonality has changed markedly, with savings days such as Singles Day (which now dwarfs Black Friday and Cyber Monday) meaning it is not just the Christmas volumes urge that retailers and logistics companies need to handle
- Alternative payments overtook card payments for the first time in 2014. This shift is expected to continue, driven by North America
- Technology failure and cyber-attacks are a bigger threat than adverse weather, fire and social unrest. Intellectual data is a critical supply chain asset and, within B2B, is among the primary targets for such security breaches
- Logistics and supply chains need to respond to the challenges created by the evolution of the sharing economy business model
- Technology means that consumers now have exposure to better prices, product availability and choice from outside of their country of residence
- E-commerce growth is rocketing in emerging markets and even developed markets are displaying double digit growth. However, there are various challenges that logistics providers need to surmount before they can take full advantage of this trend.*
*Taken from the ti-insight website.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Everything we do is designed to make our clients' lives easier - helping them to develop and maintain excellent relationships with their own customers. Let us know what business challenges you are facing, and we'll see what we can do to help.