SEKO Celebrates 40 Years In Business as it Stands on the Threshold of ‘A New Chapter in Growth'
SEKO Logistics is marking the end of its award-winning 40th anniversary year by finalizing plans to launch additional services and more global offices in 2017.
2016 has seen a growing level of recognition for SEKO’s logistics services and its in-house-developed customizable technology. This year it has earned industry acknowledgement for:
- Best for logistics technology in a survey of over 4,500 qualified logistics buyers in Logistics Management’s Quest for Quality survey
- A third consecutive Top 10 ranking in Internet Retailers’ Top 100 3PL Provider list of leading vendors to the Top 1,000 e-retailers in the U.S.
- A Multichannel Merchant Top 3PL for logistics and transportation in the retail supply chain
- Ranked among America’s fastest-growing private companies in the Inc. 5000 listing of the country’s most successful companies
- The ‘Start-up Disrupter’ of the year award in the PwC Aspire Awards for its Omni Channel Logistics services in Australia
Throughout the year, SEKO has continued to make significant investments in its service capability, which included the launch of a new Software-as-a-Service division to build on its status as one of the leading providers of lean, flexible and customizable supply chain technology. It has also increased its global footprint with the expansion of its facilities in Hong Kong – which serves as an eCommerce gateway to China for SEKO’s customers – as well as investments in new and larger operations in key states across the U.S., and more or bigger stations in Australia, South Africa and the United Kingdom. At the start of the year, SEKO also launched a new Aerospace & Aviation Industry Vertical.
SEKO Logistics’ CEO, William J. Wascher, said: “We are extremely proud to have marked our 40th anniversary year with so much industry recognition and continued growth and investment across our business. We started out in 1976 with a single Chicago office and, today, SEKO is present in over 40 countries with more than 120 offices. Yet, for all this growth, there has never been a more exciting time in our history than right now as we stand on the threshold of a whole new chapter of growth, which we will achieve organically and through acquisition. We are a company that is learning all the time through the closeness of our customer relationships and our ability to not only understand what our customers need but to also provide unique solutions that combine our global logistics expertise and our own technology. 2017 will be another milestone year with more services and new locations as we respond to the growing demand by companies all over the world to partner with us.”