NOTES TO EDITORS
Joules - ‘A contemporary British lifestyle brand’
Born in the British countryside and crafted with true British style and eccentricity, Joules designs upbeat, colourful clothing for all who love the outdoors and live life to the full.
Established by Tom Joule in Market Harborough in 1989, Joules was born after Tom’s entrepreneurial spirit led him to identify an opportunity for practical yet stylish high-quality products which reflect the character and colourful personalities of those who love the outdoors.
Being a true multi-channel lifestyle brand, Joules’ carefully designed collections spanning womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, homeware, toiletries and eyewear are distributed across retail stores, online, catalogue mail order, shows and wholesale channels.
Since its inception in 1989 Joules has remained true to its bold British heritage, whilst evolving to remain in tune with what customers want today. An unrivalled attention to detail and the thinking to provide something different where it’s least expected remain at the heart of everything Joules creates.
Joules fast facts
- Joules is an international brand, available in the USA, Germany and France as well as travel destination stores like St Pancras and Waterloo station
- Joules’ talented in-house design team lovingly crafts all of the prints you’ll see within its collections
- The brand is a true multi-channel retailer, having traded across five channels over the past ten years
- Bursting with eccentricity, Joules is proud of its British heritage and still has strong roots in Market Harborough, the site of its first shop and headquarters
- Colin Porter took the reins as CEO in September 2015, with Tom focusing on creative control
- Joules won Mainstream Brand of the Year at the Drapers Awards 2016 and has previously won the Drapers Best British Fashion Retailer of the Year at the 2015 awards
About SEKO Logistics
We provide a suite of logistics services which enable you to use your supply chain as a competitive differentiator. As a customer centric organization, we are powered by the expertise of our people and our in-house-developed, best in class, customizable technology.
It is this combination which gives SEKO its strength. With over 120 offices in 40 countries worldwide, SEKO’s unique shareholder management model enables you to benefit from our specific industry sector expertise, coupled with vital in-country knowledge and unparalleled service at the local level. This unique model provides you with:
- Hands-on service and support
- Personal relationships
- Creative, customized solutions
- Responsiveness and reliability
- Flexibility and consistence
We have a flat management structure, with just three layers between you and the CEO, making us ‘fast on our feet’ in delivering solutions that can meet your exact requirements. This lean and nimble structure increases our decision-making speed and gives us an ability to implement customized solutions which far exceed those of our competitors. For more information visit our website www.sekologistics.com